Did you know that over 20,000 New Zealanders suffer eye injuries each year?
Many of these injuries result in severe visual impairment, and even blindness.
Would the loss of your vision impact on your ability to work or do the things you love?
If so, answer these 5 questions:
- Do you use power tools or machinery at home or at work?
- Do you play squash, badminton or other ball/racquet sports?
- Do you work with or use chemicals like paint strippers, acids or alkalis?
- Do you regularly use a lawn mower or a line trimmer?
- Do you trim hedges, scrubs and plants? (yes, gardening is risky!)
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above, then you should be wearing eye protection to minimise your risk of injury.
In most cases, eye protection simply means wearing clear or safety glasses – it’s that simple!
Let us look after your eyes
Ask for a complimentary pair of safety glasses on your next visit to Langford Callard, they could save your sight, or the sight of someone you love.
September is Save Our Sight Month
‘Save Our Sight’ is an annual event where NZ Optometrists remind kiwis just how precious their sight is.
For more info, see www.saveoursight.co.nz or watch the video below.